Based on the plan of care developed by a Well-Being Senior Solutions Licensed Nurse, in consultation with the client and family, our caregivers can help with a broad range of care. These include but are not limited to:
Medication reminders: To ensure your loved one takes her/his medication as prescribed.
Personal care: To help, as appropriate, with bathing, toileting and personal grooming.
Exercise regimens: Ensuring a proper program of exercise can be a daily highlight for the client.
Light housekeeping: While our caregiver is NOT a housekeeper we can do light housekeeping and laundering.
Basic errands: By arrangement, our caregivers can run simple errands such as grocery shopping or accompanying the client to the bank or drug store, etc.
Meal preparation: To provide healthy meals; ensuring proper nutrition can be very important to clients.
Companionship: Frequently this is the most critical function for the caregiver, from chatting to playing board games to specially designed mental acuity and memory exercises. It entails being someone reliable, patient, supportive and caring, someone who can fill-in for the family or primary caregiver.
Temporary or Permanent Caregiver Relief is only a phone call away. It’s quick, easy, stress free and you are never locked into a contract.
Need weekend and vacation relief?
Need to make time for your own doctor appointments?
Feeling stressed and just need a break?
You don’t have to look further to find qualified in home care services for your loved one.
Whether you need assistance one time or ongoing, we can help with reasonable hourly minimums and no premium rates for nights or weekends. You decide the times you need us and we work with you – it’s that simple!
Seniors take more medications than other age group, benefit the most from them and have more risk to their health if they do not take them properly. Unfortunately, older adults are at risk for nonadherence to their medication regimen for many reasons including:
- Vision problems – they are unable to read the dosing instructions
- Hearing problems – they misunderstand or cannot hear physicians’ and pharmacists’ instructions.
- Cognitive impairments – they may not understand that they are supposed to take medications or memory loss causes them to forget to do so.
- Arthritis or lack of muscle strength – they may have difficulty opening drug packaging
- Dysphagia – they have trouble swallowing
- Mobility issues – they cannot get to their medication or pick up prescriptions from the pharmacy.
- Chronic conditions such as high blood pressure or osteoporosis with no symptoms – without cues, they can lose the motivation or forget to take medication.
- Multiple medications – they become overwhelmed trying to manage the timing and dosage amounts.
At the instruction and supervision of our Licensed Nurse our caregivers are trained to ensure that all medication is taken on time and in accordance with physician orders. Whether purposeful or inadvertent, there are several ways medication noncompliance occurs, all of which can be dangerous for seniors:
- Failing to initially fill a prescription or to refill as directed
- Taking more or less of a medication than prescribed
- Taking a dose at the wrong time
- Discontinuing medication prematurely
- Taking a medication prescribed for someone else
- Taking a dose with prohibited foods, liquids, and other medications
- Taking expired or damaged medications
- By following your loved one’s medication profile, the caregiver or caregiver team can prevent medication noncompliance.
Rachelle Dyson, owner/social worker is the Representative at Large for S.A.F.E. (Senior Awareness & Fall Education) Central Valley Coalition. She places great emphasis in educating and training the Well-Being Senior Solution staff on fall prevention.
At Well-Being Senior Solutions our Licensed Nurse regularly conducts fall prevention and home safety checks, which include:
- Review of the client’s medical history and medications
- Assessment of gait and balance
- Recommendations of resources to obtain home safety devices such as handrails and shower chairs
- Suggestions to remove hazards and improve safety in each room of the home
Our caregivers are also trained to safeguard your loved one from the risks of falling. This helps build confidence so that he or she can maintain a healthy and independent lifestyle at home. From moving items to prevent tripping to providing assistance getting in or out of a chair or transferring to and from bed, our caregivers are vigilant about protecting your loved one.
Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia can affect every aspect of an individual’s life. It can diminish the ability to understand, reason, and communicate; it can alter behavior, emotions and moods and it can have detrimental effects on physical health.
Well-Being Senior Solutions can help preserve the quality of life of a person with Alzheimer’s by providing the respectful, dignified care a person living with Alzheimer’s requires in the familiar surroundings of home.
Our caregivers are specially trained to care for clients with Alzheimer’s in a compassionate manner that protects their privacy, dignity and quality of life in all stages of the disease.
We understand that routine and familiarity are important and are prepared to handle the changing moods and behaviors that can accompany the disease.
Our caregivers can provide the following services, and many others, during their visits:
- Safety supervision
- Mind-stimulating activities such as games and discussions
- Social interaction opportunities
- Support with activities that maximize independence
- Nutritious meal preparation
- Assistance with personal hygiene and grooming
Well-Being Senior Solution’s caring, sensitive, experienced caregivers can help you and your loved one through the end-of-life experience.
Our licensed nurse will help design and implement a care plan that provides supportive services to complement the services you are receiving from your hospice care provider. Our home care services will make your loved one more comfortable and life easier for your entire family. Whatever your needs, our caregivers can be there whenever you need them, providing peace of mind and comfort for you and your family.
We understand the needs of those who are nearing the end of life and those of their family. We are available 24 hours a day and we can arrange a schedule that meets all your care needs. Our caregivers can provide these and many other services to make this time easier for you and your loved one:
- Work in concert with your home hospice agency
- Assist with bathing and personal hygiene
- Provide skin care
- Turn those who are confined to bed to prevent pressure ulcers
- Help with activities they enjoy and can still do
- Prepare meals
- Do laundry
- Provide companionship
- Be someone they can talk to about their feelings
- Notify the family or hospice care team when necessary
Residential Community Visitor Program
In certain situations where an individual lives in a residential community, Well-Being Senior Solutions can arrange for daily check-in services. Our “Residential Community Visitor Program” is designed in conjunction with some of Fresno’s finest residential communities. Please contact our office to learn about the residential communities we currently serve.
In such cases, our care staff will visit each client at the community to ensure medications have been taken, that personal grooming needs are met, to escort clients to meals and to ensure the client is in sound condition.